Americorps Volunteer Program
The Volunteer Program at Mobile Baykeeper seeks out potential volunteers and cultivates them to become environmental stewards by organizing and providing activities that will enhance our local environment and community. Members in this program will recruit new volunteers, re-engage existing volunteers, and organize strategic and effective intervention activities that cultivate a sense of responsibility while building skills for environmental stewardship. Members will organize and host several community cleanups, recycling activities, and invasive species removals for volunteers. Members will streamline volunteer sign-up and communication processes to connect them with resources and Mobile Baykeeper’s mission. Members will also coordinate and collaborate with local community groups and non-profit organizations to increase overall participation in environmental stewardship activities and outreach, making a substantial difference in Mobile and Baldwin counties.
• Knowledge of and commitment to environmental protection.
• Comfortable working in an outdoor setting in adverse conditions for long hours.
• Ability to stay organized, prioritize multiple projects, manage schedule independently, and meet deadlines with enthusiasm and a positive outlook.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds and feel comfortable carrying heavy items.
• Demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively.
• Experience with Database Management preferred.
• Must be creative and flexible.
• Interest in hands-on conservation and stewardship projects preferred.
• Experience with, and enthusiasm for, training and managing volunteers.
• Superb interpersonal and oral communication skills.
• Experience with Microsoft-based products (Word, Excel, Outlook).
• Ability to learn new software/applications quickly.
• Team-oriented and able to be open and honest.
• Able to work independently in a fast paced, changing environment.
• Must be able to hold team and self accountable for deadlines and projects.