Director of First Impressions
South Shore Insurance Underwriters (SSIU) is a dynamic Gulf Coast owned and operated MGA (Managing General Agent) currently experiencing exciting growth across our footprint. We provide property and casualty agents with the best excess and surplus lines products available across coastal Alabama, Mississippi, Florida, South Carolina and Georgia – with continued plans for expansion, and are looking to add an Underwriting Assistant to our Team!
Our Company covets Coworkers who perform their jobs in a manner reflective of our Values in that they are: Ethical, Respectful, High Performing, Forward Looking, and a Responsible Partner.
The Director of First Impressions acts as the face of the company to customers and provides a superior customer service experience. Performs routine and moderately complex clerical, administrative and support functions. The Director of First Impressions is team oriented yet is a self-starter. They present themselves with integrity and professionalism and is a clear communicator. We appreciate those who are willing to learn new skills quickly and thoroughly with the goal of advancement in both personal and professional growth. Dependability and initiative are expected as we work together to serve our clients well.
Other requirements include:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- One to two years customer service experience; education may be substituted for required experience.
- Working knowledge of Windows PC, Microsoft Word and Excel are required
- Ability to tactfully navigate stressful or difficult situations; a solution-driven problem solver
- Ability to convey technical information and prepare written correspondence in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to respond to inquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Requires excellent service and communication skills and ability to effectively interact with others
- Strong organization skills and the ability to plan, control and coordinate activities
- Ability to develop an understanding of and follow business practices
- Ability to develop alternative recommendations to issues within area of functional responsibility
- Ability to work in a team environment and positively influence others by actions and example
- Process company communication to provide customer service and obtain information on account questions; take the lead on incoming phone communication and distribution to proper parties
- Support the underwriting and operations teams by completing additional tasks as needed, including but not limited to inspection report processing and policy auditing
- Organize and work with detailed records, maintaining updated files for each insured
- Maintain exemplary customer service rapport by quickly and effectively addressing any needs
- Manage, order, and maintain inventory for supplies and marketing items
- Maintain the general company calendar, including assisting in keeping the President’s calendar organized and engaged with appointments.
- Control and maintain agency information within the Management System (ALIS)
- Contribute to operational efficiencies.
Physical requirements for the essential functions of this role include:
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to repetitively use fingers and hands
- Ability to look at and read computer monitors for extended periods
Click here to let us know you are interested in joining the SSIU Team!
South Shore Insurance Companies provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, SSIA, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
South Shore Insurance Companies expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of South Shore Insurance Companies employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.