South Shore Insurance Underwriters (SSIU) is a dynamic Gulf Coast owned and operated MGA (Managing General Agent) currently experiencing exciting growth across our footprint. We provide property and casualty agents with the best excess and surplus lines products available across coastal Alabama, Mississippi, Florida, South Carolina and Georgia – with continued plans for expansion, and are looking to add an Underwriting Assistant to our Team!
Our Company covets Coworkers who perform their jobs in a manner reflective of our Values in that they are: Ethical, Respectful, High Performing, Forward Looking, and a Responsible Partner.
The Inspections Coordinator is responsible for receiving and verifying underwriting inspections from inspection vendors, including reviewing, filing and data entry, as well as managing discrepancies within the report. This position relies on sensible judgement and meticulous attention to detail. The inspection coordinator must ensure that accurate information is collected and entered into the company management system for reporting purposes. The Inspections Coordinator is team oriented yet is a self-starter. They present themselves with integrity and professionalism and is a clear communicator. We appreciate those who are willing to learn new skills quickly and thoroughly with the goal of advancement in both personal and professional growth. Dependability and initiative are expected as we work together to serve our clients well.
Other requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Relevant Work Experience may substitute for degree requirement. High School Diploma required.
- Working knowledge of Windows PC, Microsoft Word and Excel are required
- Ability to tactfully navigate stressful or difficult situations; a solution-driven problem solver
- Minimum 3 years electronic Data Entry experience, including excellent typing proficiency
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing
- Customer service skills including ability to display professional courtesy
- Ability to convey technical information and prepare written correspondence in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to respond to inquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Requires excellent service and communication skills and ability to effectively interact with others
- Strong organization skills and the ability to plan, control and coordinate activities
- Ability to develop an understanding of and follow business practices
- Ability to develop alternative recommendations to issues within area of functional responsibility
- Ability to work in a team environment and positively influence others by actions and example
- Reviews New Business and Renewal inspection reports enters inspection data into the company management system; gather necessary information and make decisions regarding risk acceptability due to underwriting criteria or discrepancies found within the report.
- Communicate with Inspection Team regarding risk acceptance, declination, or modifications
- Complete monthly renewal reviews, while reviewing past years inspection report.
- Liaison between agency and inspection company for scheduling and compliance purposes.
- Is accountable for the accuracy of electronic records of inspections.
- Provides prompt, informative, and courteous customer service to property owners and agents responding to inquiries and requests. Uses initiative to identify instances when owners, agents and staff should be alerted to developments.
- Completes other tasks and office duties as assigned
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to repetitively use fingers and hands
- Ability to look at and read computer monitors for extended periods
Click here to let us know you are interested in joining the SSIU Team!
South Shore Insurance Companies provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, SSIA, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
South Shore Insurance Companies expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of South Shore Insurance Companies employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.