Licensed Insurance Producer
South Shore Insurance Agency (SSIA) is a dynamic locally owned and operated independent agency currently experiencing exciting growth across our footprint. We provide a comprehensive offering of the leading insurance markets represented in our area and are looking to add a Licensed Insurance Producer to our Team!
Our Company covets Coworkers who perform their jobs in a manner reflective of our Values in that they are: Ethical, Respectful, High Performing, Forward Looking, and a Responsible Partner.
The Insurance Producer interacts with customers, guiding them through the insurance application and binding processes, servicing their account from inception through renewal, intaking and reporting claims, and handling and resolving complaints. This position allows uncapped potential for growth and earning.
A great candidate must be outstanding at relationship building and dedicated to an impeccable customer service experience. An Insurance Producer is team oriented yet is a self-starter. They present themselves with integrity and professionalism and is a clear communicator. We appreciate those who are willing to learn new skills quickly and thoroughly with the goal of advancement in both personal and professional growth. Dependability and initiative are expected as we work together to serve our clients well.
Other requirements include:
- High school Diploma or Equivalent
- Possesses an active Property & Casualty license in the state of Alabama
- Working knowledge of Windows PC, Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel is required
- Insurance sales experience of at least one year preferred
Successful Insurance Producers possess the following Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Goal-oriented and focuses on achieving those goals
- Communicates in detail when conveying technical information and preparing written correspondence in a clear and concise manner
- Tactfully navigates stressful or difficult situations
- Responds to inquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Possesses excellent service skills and the ability to effectively interact with others
- Employs strong organization skills and the ability to plan, control and coordinate activities
- Develops an understanding of and follows business practices
- Offers alternative recommendations to issues within the area of functional responsibility
- Thrives in a team environment and positively influences others by actions and example
If this sounds like you, you will be interested to know SSIA’s Insurance Producers are responsible for:
- Providing and maintaining exemplary customer service rapport by quickly and effectively addressing any needs
- Developing insurance quotes, making sales presentations, and closing sales
- Maintaining a knowledge of the Insurance market and new products
- Recognizing and seeking the opportunity to cross-sell products based on a thorough assessment of the customer’s needs
- Processing and completing endorsements (policy changes) and cancellations, following carrier guidelines
- Organizing and working with detailed records, maintaining updated files for each insured
Physical requirements for the essential functions of this role include:
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to repetitively use fingers and hands
- Ability to look at and read computer monitors for extended periods
Click here to let us know you’re interested in joining the SSIA Team!
South Shore Insurance Companies provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, SSIA, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
South Shore Insurance Companies expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of South Shore Insurance Companies employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.