Human Resource Total Rewards Director - $130K
The position is responsible for planning and directing the overall design, implementation, communication, and ongoing evaluation of the organization’s compensation and benefits programs. Responsible for leading and creating an overall total rewards program designed to support the company’s core values and attract and retain talent. Responsible for building collaborative relationships across the business in order to execute the strategies of the HR function. This position leads a team of three (3) direct reports supporting compensation, benefits, and HRIS.
· Works with senior management to ensure compensation and benefits strategies and programs support the company’s business objectives and meet all legal requirements while remaining competitive in the market.
· Identifies compensation and benefits related gaps and trends and makes recommendations for process improvement and efficiency. Plans and coordinates projects, strategies and initiatives.
· Administers and manages all aspects of company incentive program.
· Communicates to leadership, as well as team members, any changes in regulations and legal requirements, as well as new developments in the department and company.
· Develops compensation and benefits budget for assigned areas and manages approved budget throughout the year.
· Directs all aspects of broad-based compensation including the analysis and design of new compensation programs and develops sound practices relating to salary grade structures, allowance programs, job architecture, position evaluations, market pricing, survey participation, and pay administration.
· Develops and delivers compensation related training and communication for leaders and HR team members to support base and variable pay, as well as adherence to federal, state, and local compensation laws and regulatory requirements.
· Oversees the process of annual salary increase planning and communication, developing recommendations and cost estimates for review by senior leadership.
· Plans and directs the implementation and administration of company’s health plan, optional benefits, and 401(k) plan.
· Ensures benefits programs meet employee needs, are in compliance with legal requirements (i.e., ERISA, HIPAA, etc.), and are cost effective and competitive.
· Effectively maintains and continuously evaluates relationships with external partners to effectively utilize current and future benefits programs.
· Recommends and implements benefit plan design modifications and/or new programs and present recommendations to the benefit committee.
· Ensures compliance with applicable government regulations.
· Participates in the implementation of global projects, including: total compensation, mergers and acquisitions, and HIPAA, as they relate to group benefit issues.
· Survey industry trends. Complete compensation and benefits surveys and review information obtained from the results. Analyze complex information. Forecast trends and assist with future benefits designs. Develop specific recommendations for review by management.
· Directs the efforts of 401(k) third party administrator, ensure plan operates smoothly and efficiently including timely processing of quarterly statements, timely deposit of employee contributions.
· Monitor changes in the law and work with 401(k) administrator to ensure the plan document and SPD are legally compliant and reflect plan practices and procedures.
· Leads the 401(k) committee.
· Oversees HRIS administration.
Competencies and Experience
· 4+ years of leading Compensation and Benefits for a BU or Enterprise within Manufacturing, Retail, Distribution, or Steel industry
· 4+ years of leading Compensation at all levels of organization (Executive, Hourly, Incentive/Sales)
· Proven experience sourcing, managing, and implementing Benefits and 401K/defined-benefit vendors
· Proven experience leading compensation market analysis and benchmarking
· Proven experience leading heavy change management efforts in complete Total Rewards space
· Proven supervisory experience leading, directing and evaluating the work of others
· ACA, ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, SECTION 125, Workers Compensation, Medicare, OBRA, and Social Security and DOL requirements.
· PHR and CEBS professional designations preferred.
· CCP and CBP preferred
· Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 8 to 10 years’ of proven experience in Compensation, Benefits Administration and Total Rewards.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES / DIRECT REPORTS
· Position is responsible for three (3) direct reports: one (1) Total Rewards Analyst, (1) HR Specialist and (1) HRIS Sr. Analyst
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is constantly required to:
· Sit and work at a desk
The employee is frequently required to:
· Stand and walk, and may alternate sitting and standing as needed
· Balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb
· Twist at waist level
· Reach above shoulder level, at waist/desk level, and below waist/desk level
· Finger with right hand, left hand, and both hands (fine motor)
· Feel with right hand, left hand, and both hands (sensing temperatures and textures)
The employee is occasionally required to:
· Push, pull, lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds
The employee is required to:
· Talk person to person, on the phone, and in group settings as needed
· Hear in person, on the phone, and in group settings as needed
· Possess near, midrange, far, peripheral, and depth perception vision
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK/TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
· Position is full time, exempt
· No travel expected for this position