The Systems Administrator is responsible for overseeing the maintenance and security of the Academy’s intranets and computer systems. Their duties include installing antivirus or malware protection software, responding to employee concerns, drafting documents to help employees use computer systems, and coordinating with the Academy’s leadership to determine new technologies that enhance the Academy’s computer systems.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION:
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, and virtualization.
- Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes.
- Test and manage OS updates.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing the impact of issues.
- Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure.
- Perform or delegate regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures.
- Lead desktop and helpdesk support efforts, making sure all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions.
- Responsible for capacity, storage planning, and database performance.
- Managing the users in the Active Directory to include adding and removal of user accounts.
- Ensure that the hierarchy of rights on the network for employees conforms to institutional requirements.
- Operate the firewall for the organization.
- Monitor the Internet connection for security risks.
- Employ the latest security protocols.
- Monitor the local area network (LAN) for threats or errors.
- Install SSL certificates on Webservers.
- Serve as Administrator for Office 365 and Google mail.
- Associate's Degree, Bachelor’s Degree preferred, in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field, or equivalent experience required.
- 5 or more years of database, network administration, or system administration experience.
- Knowledge and experience with network security are required.
- System administration and IT certifications in Linux, Microsoft, or other network-related fields are a plus.
- Working knowledge of virtualization, VMWare, or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols.
- Experience with scripting and automation tools.
- A proven track record of developing and implementing IT strategies and plans.
Interested candidates should email their resume along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org