Impact 100 Baldwin County to Name Grant Recipients at “An Evening of Impact”
Who: Impact 100 Baldwin County, a community of women seeking to transform lives in Baldwin County by awarding high-impact grants to non-profits in the areas of Arts, Culture & Recreation; Education; Environment & Preservation; Family; Health & Wellness
What: Members will vote and award area non-profits $90,000 grants each at this year’s annual meeting. The event also kicks off the 2022 membership campaign. Information about the finalists included below.
When: Tuesday, October 26th, 4:30 pm – 7 pm
5-6 Welcome & Finalists' Presentations
6:15 2022 Membership Campaign Kick-off
6:20 Announcement of 2021 Grant Recipients
6:30 Celebration & Refreshments
Where: Daphne Civic Center, 2603 US Highway 98
The Impact 100 Baldwin County grant finalists and their projects are:
· Alabama Free Clinic: Using Innovative Technology & Education for the Uninsured Adult Diabetic
· Baldwin Pops: The Basics of Building Music 1,2,3…
· Daphne Search and Rescue: Service Afloat
· Eastern Shore Recovery Foundation: Common Ground
· Historic Blakeley Foundation: Fighting for Freedom: The USCT Battlefield Heritage Trail
· Lillian Recreational Park: A Sustainable Community Park – Doing Our Part
· Mary’s Shelter: Mary’s Shelter Thrift Store
· South Baldwin Literacy Council: Expanding Access to Community Education
· VOASE/Light of the City: Pathways to Success
The finalists were selected from applications reviewed by Impact 100 Baldwin County’s focus groups in the categories: Arts & Culture; Education; Environment, Recreation & Preservation; Family, and Health & Wellness.
“We have seen the need in our community grow greatly in the last year,” said Grants Chair Sandy Stepan. “It’s more important than ever to have this group of women come together to make a difference. We look forward to spotlighting the outstanding work being done in Baldwin County by all of the finalists and to celebrate the future projects of our 2021 Grantees.”
Impact 100’s Annual Grant Awards meeting, An Evening of Impact, is scheduled for Tuesday, October 26th. The finalists from each focus area will present their unique projects to Impact members at the meeting. The members will vote, and the grant recipients receiving $90,000 each will be announced that night.
Impact 100 Baldwin County is a community of women seeking to transform the quality of life in Baldwin County by awarding high-impact grants to nonprofits working in the county. Through the power of collective giving, each member’s annual $1,000 contribution is pooled to produce these transformative grants. This year’s awards will bring the grant total to over $4 million dollars since its 2008 founding.
For more information, visit impact100baldwincounty.org.