MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL PLAYERS PITCH IN TO SUPPORT THE 2nd ANNUAL BENEFIT
“A NIGHT OF HOPE”
A SPECIAL SHOPPING EVENT FOR BREAST CANCER AWARENESS MONTH
*Auction items include signed Major League baseball memorabilia*
Portion of proceeds to benefit the Turner & Donna Ward’s
Hope 4110 Foundation
Daphne, AL (October 6, 2021) — In partnership with Claire Flowers Designs, Pamela Denham & Associates, Stokley Garden Express, and ACCESS Magazine, Daphne’s Shoe Boutique is rolling out the pink carpet to announce a special shopping event in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month on Thursday, Oct. 21 from 2:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. A portion of the proceeds will benefit Turner & Donna Ward’s Hope 4110 Foundation, a non-proﬁt organization that helps women facing breast cancer, breast reconstruction, and failed breast reconstruction with out-of-pocket expenses not covered by insurance.
To-date, those pitching in and attending this free family benefit will be numerous infamous MLB baseball players and management:
- Turner Ward, former MLB player & MLB hitting coach
- Jon Lieber, former MLB player
- Jake Peavy, former MLB player
- Steve Kittrell, former USA baseball coach
- Dan Jennings, former GM and manager of the Miami Marlins; current special assistant to the president of baseball operations and GM with the Washington Nationals
A silent auction will include some incredible baseball memorabilia:
- Luis Gonzalez, 16x21 framed & signed photo of “2001 World Series Game Winning Hit” for the Arizona Diamondbacks
- St. Louis Cardinals 1st baseman Paul Goldschmidt (Goldy) autographed jersey; and autographed baseball
- St. Louis Cardinals catcher Yadier Molina - autographed baseball
- St. Louis Cardinals 3rd baseman Nolan Arenado - autographed baseball
- St. Louis Cardinals pitcher Adam Wainwright - autographed baseball
- Rick Honeycutt - autographed jersey
- Jay Bell - autographed baseball
- Enrique (Kike) Hernandez - Boston Red Sox autographed jersey, baseball and bat
- Hall of Famer, Alan Trammell - autographed baseball
- 12x12 hardcover 2020 Los Angeles Dodgers book. Includes line up cards and box scores of post season through World Series from Pam and Bob Geren (bench coach for the Dodgers)
- More-to-announce - including current Los Angeles Dodger players
Schedule of events:
- 9:00 a.m. - Bobby Brown make-up artist, free make-overs. By appointment only. Call (251) 525-8755 for appointment.
- 5:30 p.m. - Light hors d'oeuvres and drinks
- 6:00 p.m. - Pink carpet walk/photos - Music provided by Catiwompus – MLB players arrive
- 7:00 p.m. - Donna Ward will share a few words about what Hope 4110 means to her
- 2:00-9:00 p.m. - Silent auction & book-signing by author/speaker Donna Ward, Unexpected Hope
There is no charge to attend; donations for the HOPE 4110 Foundation accepted.
Daphne’s Shoe Boutique is located at 818 Manci Avenue in downtown Daphne, Al. For more information, contact Daphne’s Shoe Boutique at (251) 525-8755.
Photos (l-r): Turner & Donna Ward; Donna Ward; Donna Ward with Unexpected Hope book; Claire Flowers; Auction item: Paul Goldschmidt (Goldy) autographed baseball
ABOUT DONNA WARD & HOPE 4110 FOUNDATION
Hope 4110 was started by Donna Ward and her husband, former Major League Baseball player and coach, Turner Ward. Donna is a breast cancer survivor with a passion for women facing breast cancer and breast reconstruction. Donna has undergone 13 breast reconstruction surgeries after her double mastectomy in 2012. Hope 4110 is committed to helping women facing breast cancer and breast reconstruction. Our goal is not only to help restore HOPE to women but to educate them regarding all breast reconstruction options. Donna’s book Unexpected Hope is a powerful and vulnerable testimony of her arduous battle with cancer.