Celebrate the New Year with New Exhibits at First Friday Art Walk!
- NEW EXHIBIT: “Flora, Fauna, and Figures” Paintings by Patt Odom. Patt explores new ideas, brushwork, media and tools with this visually inspiring series. She has been an educator for over 50 years and has closely studied the Old Masters, as well as the work of current national and international artists. On display: January 6 – February 25, 2023.
- NEW EXHIBIT: “One Brush Stroke for Four Gentlemen”. This exhibit will highlight the work of ESAC Sumi-e Instructor Maria Papp and her students. The Japanese word Sumi-e means “ink picture” or “black ink painting.” On display: January 6 – February 25, 2023.
- NEW EXHIBIT: “Southern Folk Art.” A collection of recent acquisitions donated to ESAC by folk art collector Gail Ellerbrake that began in 1982. Artists include renowned Alabama artist Mose Tolliver and Georgia potter Lanier Meadors. The works have been generously donated in memory of Ellerbrake’s twin sister, Anne Christy Briggs. Exhibit will be on display through March 31, 2023.
WHEN: Art Walk Opening is Friday, January 6, 2023 @ 6-8pm
WHERE: Eastern Shore Art Center // 401 Oak St. Fairhope, AL 36532
- Live music inside by Jay Megginson
- Free admission. Donations welcomed.
For more info, contact: Adrienne Clow, Marketing Director at Adrienne@esartcenter.org or 928-2228 ext 103. Visit https://esartcenter.org, Facebook, or Twitter for daily updates!