BALDWIN BONE & JOINT PARTNERS WITH BALDWIN COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
& CITY HOPE CHURCH FOR 19TH ANNUAL MANY MORE MILES SHOE DRIVE
Daphne, Ala. (Feb. 1, 2023) – Local school-age kids, runners and exercise enthusiasts may have put a lot of miles on old running shoes and shoes for all purposes, but when they are donated to the “Many More Miles” campaign, those gently used shoes will come to life again as they land on the feet of someone who really needs them.
For the 19th year, Baldwin Bone & Joint, P.C. will host this important community outreach project, and, for the second consecutive year, the local orthopaedic practice will partner with Baldwin County Public Schools and City Hope Church.
Since its inception, response to the campaign has grown from 200 pairs donated in 2004 to a record-breaking 2,728 pairs contributed most recently. Shoe donations for 2023 are being accepted now, with final shoe drop-offs received at the 2023 Azalea Trail Run on Saturday, March 25, in Mobile, Ala.
Baldwin County students will once again be rewarded for collecting the highest number of shoes with money for their schools’ new P.E. equipment. Baldwin Bone & Joint will award cash prizes to P.E. programs to the top three Baldwin County Public Schools who donate the most shoes. In addition, the class that brings in the most shoes overall will receive a Chick-fil-a party and the teacher will be awarded a cash prize provided by City Hope Church.
Those interested in participating are encouraged to clean up those gently used athletic shoes and tie them together in pairs before dropping them off at any of the following locations:
· Baldwin Bone and Joint (1505 Daphne Avenue, Daphne)
· Office of Dr. Glenn Glass (1303 Main Street, Daphne)
· The University of South Alabama Student Recreation Center
· McCoy Outdoor Co. (3498 Springhill Avenue, Mobile)
· White-Spunner Realty (3201 Dauphin Street, Mobile)
· Final Drop-off Opportunity: 2023 Azalea Trail Run (March 25)
Organizations who will benefit from the collected shoes this year include:
· BCBE school closets
· Fostering Together Gulf Coast
· Local DHR donation
· McKemie Place, Mobile
· The Shoulder, Spanish Fort
· Waterfront Rescue Mission, Foley
· Teen Challenge, Bay Minette
· Foster Families participating in Foster Care Awareness Walk – USA Intramural Fields – Saturday, May 6
In partnership with the ongoing community shoe drive, City Hope Church will host “Deliver Hope” on Sunday, March 12, where congregants are encouraged to donate their gently worn shoes to any of the church’s campuses across the Gulf Coast.
For more information, call 251.656.3843 or visit baldwinboneandjoint.com.